Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Build-A-Bear-At-Home!

Well, I seem to have a knack for doing projects that have been discontinued - it must be because I'm always looking for sales or extreme clearance items!  I cannot find these Build-A-Bear kits in stock anywhere, so I'm not sure whether or not they are selling them anymore, but we got them half-price at Hancock Fabrics.  They were also sold at Wal-Mart, craft stores, and party supply stores.  Maybe they will be back in stock for Christmas or another holiday.

My kids loved stuffing and sewing the 7-inch, 3-oz bears by themselves at home.  They each came with a heart to put inside, a birth certificate, and an outfit.  It was just like getting a new Build-A-Bear at the store, only smaller.  All 3 of these came with girl outfits, so my son opted to use only the sunglasses and give the rest of his bear's outfit to his sisters.  This was a safe project and good sewing practice for the younger ones, as the holes were already cut in the material, and they sewed them together with the plastic safety needle that was included.


Welcome to the family, little friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment